Thursday, June 16, 2016

Month 23 - Follicle Check {Ultrasound}

Today was our follicle check.  A 9 am appointment in Clearfield and we were in and out in 12 min. Love the office for getting us in and done so fast.
Uterus lining looked good this month.
Right side had about 4 small follicles,  but none that were mature enough.
Left side had 1 really large follicle and another medium follicle. I didn't grab the numbers on those this time, I spaced it. But she said both looked good and I was ready for a trigger shot.  We are using Orvidrel this month which is an injection we do at home. The last 3 months they have done it at the Dr's office.  My last injection didn't go too well and I had a slight freak out so Andy had to give it to me after about an hr of me trying to talk myself Into it. We'll stick with him administering all shots from now on :)
IUI is scheduled for Saturday morning in the Sandy office.
When it rains it really pours.  It seems Andy and I can't catch a break. This week we scheduled  a last min vet appointment for Max because he had a growth on his gums that I thought was infected. Turns out it is a tumor type growth.  95% chance it's benign but 5% chance it's cancer. (UPDATED 6.16.16)  It is also causing his breath to be bad. Vet recommended surgery to remove it and biopsy to find out what it was. I decided to go ahead with that and  have that scheduled for tomorrow. 
Last night we found out our basement bedroom was full of mold and water. What we thought was minor was actually way worse and is going to require an entire wall to be redone,  all baseboard and carpet and pad. Oh joy. We just needed more expenses right now.
In better news, I sent off our first round of medications to get our rebate.  It won't be much but any discounts or money back we can get will help in the long run!