Today was the day. We left work at noon and headed down to Layton. Andy's appt was at 130 and my appt was at 3. After Andy's sample we headed out to get lunch and run to target to kill time. My appt finally came around and I was nervous.
I asked the nurse if it was normal to still feel my ovaries. I know it's normal while the follicles are growing and I feel that every month. However, usually after the trigger shot that goes away. This month it didnt. She said it was normal and actually a good sign.
She read us Andy's numbers. They were much lower than previous cycles but that makes sense because he's been in the hot tub. Still good numbers for the IUI but lower than his usual.
The speculum attached to my cervix first try this time. Wahoo. I thought we were clear and free. Unfortunately, the catheter didn't want to play as nice. It took a couple of tries to get it into the uterus and that caused cramping and pain. Much more than I've felt in 6 months. It was a little rough but we made it through. When she was done she said to wait 10-15 min and then we'd be good to go.
It was a long 15 min, 13 to be exact. We headed out and I laid in the truck on the way home. We called it a lazy evening and just relaxed.
We are crossing our fingers that this round is the round! Now, for the dreaded two week wait!