Monday, February 27, 2017

IVF, Day 38 {Blood Test}

Monday Morning I had a Dr appt at 9 am. We woke up with a foot of NEW snow. We checked the canyon conditions and it looked a little hecktic and chains were required at that time. My mom was originally planning on going down with me but Andy decided he'd rather drive me with the weather.

We left a little late after they lifted the chain restriction and arrived by 9:30 am. Blood test of 4 vials today. They poked my good vein on the right side and filled 1, 2, 3 and not quite half of the 4th one and then my vein failed and blood was coming out the needle mark. The nurse decided to get another nurse to help on the other arm. One poke and then moving the needle just a little to get the vein. one more vial filled and we were good.

They were testing for HCG levels, and a few tests to determine if I could take Methotrexate. The tests include a full blood count, Kidney function tests, liver function tests and HbA1c which is a test for diabetes. If we were going to administer the Chemo Shot they wanted to make sure I was healthy enough to do so.

After the dr, Andy and I headed to Einstein Bagels for breakfast.

After bleeding Sunday, Andy and I were sure I was miscarrying. However, the results came back that afternoon and it was not what we expected. Numbers were climbing. It went up to 248.6 That put us at high risk and they wanted to seriously look into the Chemo Shot for Tuesday if all my blood work came back normal. After talking to the nurse about bleeding and the results we decided to do another HCG level test on Tuesday to rule out that it was on the decline. It could have spiked from Friday to Saturday or Sunday and then was coming down again as we started to bleed. But they had to confirm for sure and if it didn't go down a significant amount they wanted to proceed with the Chemo Shot.

Ugh. I was a mess.